Thursday 14 July 2016

playing with filters

another gap after a post, getting bad at those, will have to keep an eye out! I haven't managed a tremendous amount of painting recently due to health crud, however I did focus on one project enough to get it near finished- My malifaux Mr Cooper's Carnival crew.

The idea here is to only take models that fit the theme, and if I need something that doesn't fit, i have to convert it. I'm taking it to a couple of tourneys this year (which is probably a bad thing as I have so far scored 7 points total in 5 games played with them) and this should give me such a limited pool of miniatures that I'll be a lot faster getting a crew on the table each game, it also means I can go to town on the painting as there's less to paint compared to the rest of my Arcanists

two models have jumped ship and ran away to join the circus- Johanna and my Gunsmith were colourful enough to fit the theme (and I wanted a relic hammer for the test your strength machine) so they've been rebased, everything else is purchased just for this crew. (or blagged from a good friend in the case of the firestarter)

I've not taken the best photos yet, BUT as I'm building a fate deck to match the crew, I've taken some quick phone photos and ran them through filters at Pixlr o-matic-

https://pixlr.com/o-matic/

to get them looking monochromatic, old and battered, and as this doesn't give too much away about the finished article, I thought I'd share:)


Steam Raptor (raptor body with bits box bits and etch-master wings)


Angry Monkeys


Mannequins


Effigy (memory man)


Harlequin Ice dancer (proxy made from december acolyte with TTB arms and head))


Gunsmith (famous sharpshooter Dirty Rosewood)


Big Jake (from Wild West Exodus range)



2 shots of Acolytes (Acrobats) not sure which I like best


Mercury, strongest man in the world!


Thin Lizzy- The Bearded Lady


Arielle- Mermaid of Malifaux (there's a howard langston (which it represents) a brass arachnid, a mannequin and a performer in there somewhere) 


The Killephant (killjoy with green stuff)


Luther, the Pascha hare


Johanna and the relic hammer game.


The Wolf Girl (proxy for myranda, TTB body legs and head, Hamelin's spunkcloud provided the arms and the face is green stuff) 


Mr Cooper, Carnival Master


Baritone Lola, sweetest thing in the carnival


The Funstarter, the party doesn't start till he does!

stay tuned for colour photographs when I get the time, lighting and equipment to do it properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment